Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's going on??


Well hello again. As always, first I want to thank everyone that keeps up with us on this blog. It's been a lot of fun and it was about to get interesting...REALLY interesting once again....

What's going on....well as you guessed John is preparing for another trip to Afghanistan, and well, I am too. I volunteered long before John got word he was going so we didn't do this again on purpose...Mom, dad...I'm sorry. So we'll be over there again together. Only this time we'll be in the same country. We'll be going at almost the same time so we should get back at the same time. It should be a good time! At least I'm hoping it will be.

I've already gotten to go some places I've never been. Last weekend I got to go to CA for my first time and I must say that I never knew there were parts of CA that are that pretty. It was nice. Now, I'm in Seattle, WA...well Ft Lewis anyway. I leave tonight though. It's not so bad up here either. At the end of the month, I get to go back to one of my favorite places...San Antonio, TX. I'm sure I'll enjoy that as well. All this in preparation for Afghanistan.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned Leslie on here before...if not, I've been with the woman of my dreams for the last 4 months or so. I don't want to start sounding like my bro and write a love story on here...hmmmm....what ten words can sum up how much I love this woman and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her....I just can't explain it. Ten words, 100 words, not even a 1,000 words would do it. She's everything I prayed for, hoped for, and wished for. She's a dream come true, and she's making my dreams come true. Ok, enough of that. So she'e also what's been going on in my life. It sucks really really bad I have to leave her, but she knew my intentions on our first date.

Ok, so now I've got you thinking...dang these boys are crazy! BOTH going to be in a combat zone again! Well, for now you can ease yourself a just a little...my mission was cancelled...for now. So, in reality I believe it's just a delay of the inevitable, but for now, it's back to dang O'Charley's....my civilian job that I just absolutely love...whatever..no really I do. I do plan on eventually going over, it's just a matter of time.

Ok, I have to get ready for training. Hope you have a great day and till next time, keep your head up and remember, we're exactly where we are supposed to be at every second. God has you right here, right now for a perfect reason.

Out here,
SGT Strader

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be a prayer warrior for both of you and your mom! Your service to our nation is deeply appreciated.
Thanks for the update!
~AM