Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another day in Iraq...

Well helllloooo to all of those that continue to show your support to my brother and I. We can't say enough how much we appreciate everything that is being done for us. Personally, I have gotten so many cards, letters, and packages to mention from people. The other day I got a letter from an 18 year old young lady....that really meant a lot to me. Someone so young would take the time to write and say hello and thank you. It was awesome! Thank you!

Another day in Iraq...well here I sit, not much to report. The last 10 -14 days have been plenty exciting enough that I don't need to see or do anything for a little while at least. But you never know when something might happen. There were some things that have happened since then, but you know the phrase, "if I told you, I'd have to kill you..." so that's about as far as i can go with that. They didn't make the news this time....they weren't as significant for say, as the last two things that happened that did. We haven't had any cookouts lately, no parties, not much going on. Other than the normal run-around from my unit....nothing new there I guess. Our time here is ticking down, that's for sure. We aren't too too excited yet, but it's getting there. There is another two groups that will leave before us. When they leave, it will probably kick in. For now, it's all about them getting out of here....as it should be. They've both been here a lot longer than we have so they deserve to go home.

We have gotten an incredible amount of support from the Landstuhl Hospital Care Project group!! They have been SOO vital to the well being of so many Soldiers here in Iraq. I'm not sure if they have a website, OK so they do... http://www.landstuhlhospitalcareproject.org/index.htm

There it is. Check them out. They are honestly doing miracles over here. There are not words for the things that this group is doing...if you want to help a Soldier and am not sure how... email them and ask. They will not lead you in the wrong direction.

Ok, well I'm literally doing about 10 things at the same time right now and I don't seem to be getting very far with any one of them....I know I was putting something on here about every other day and I have slacked off just a little. I just wanted to get on here and say that everything is going well. I have talked to both of my grandma's and my grandpa in the last few days. It's great getting to talk to them. I just can't wait to get home so I can go and spend some time with them in Ohio. There's a lot of things I can't wait to do when I get home. My life has a lot of great things yet to happen. I just know it. There are a few things i need to do first, but I know my life will everything I've ever wanted it to be....for that matter, it is right now. The funny thing to say when someone says "good morning, how are you?" Is, "Another day in paradise" followed by "Livin the dream...well, someone's dream." Well, I'm living my dream. I'm doing exactly what I wanted to do in life about right now....all aspects of my life are not going in the direction I have always hoped for...but they'll get there. I have faith. Well, enough for now. I'm going to go try to accomplish on of the other 9 things I have going on right now.

Till next time,
I love you all and thank you again!!

Somewhere in Iraq,
SGT WORMY

6500-ish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandparents ..... are they not special people. Glad you got to talk to them the other day. I know that they had to be excited that you got to talk.
So when does it get so cold over there that you feel like you are a popsicle? It has been very cold over here and believe it or not we have had snow and although it was not much ...... your car had it laying on it. The mountains were really pretty from a distance but I did not get to go to Gatlinburg to see them up close. Calling for more snow tonight (flurries) and possible for the next couple days if I am not mistaken.
Sure do miss you.
Love you
MOM

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU
MOM

RICK said...

I just read your blog for the first time, Ithink it is great. my daughter showed it to me. I too spent a Christmas eve and Christmas away from family and know what it is like. however that was along time ago, 1968 to be exact. you and all of our people ther are heroes to me.
may God bless you and keep you all safe til you can be home again by the way I too was in the 101st. but as a helicopter repairman.
an old soldier
Rick Caizza, Darby, Montana

RICK said...

TY for all that You do and have done. May God bless You and keep You all safe til you are home once again.
Rick Caizza, Darby, Montana