Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ummmm.....

Ummmmm.....yeah.....so uhhh...... OH YEAH!! Thank you to all of thost that continue to support my brother and I!! WOWOWOW!! We had over a hundred hits to the blog last week. THANK YOU!! One the other hand, only one or two people decided to click on the 'comment' and write us something back...and for those that went one more step to say thank you, THANK YOU!

Last week there were quite a few people from Illinois that visited the blog...I'm not sure why, but there were. That's where Obama is from... well, you're welcome to continue to visit this site, and I refuse to turn this into a political blog, but I hope Senator Obama keeps his role as Senator. NE-WAY....this blog is about two brothers that are overseas, one in Iraq (me) and my brother that is in Afghanistan...well he should be in Afghanistan but he broke his foot at my house and is finishing up some doctor appointments.... This is about two brothers and what they go through being away from home, friends, and loved ones. My brother works in the awards section for the 101st, and I am a medic on a base in Northern Iraq....unless my internet goes out then who knows where I actually am. Being a medic, I've seen more than anyone would want to or should see....although, I haven't been at the point of injury yet, so by the time I get my hands on someone they are already somewhat treated....it may only be tourniquet or a bandage, but normally they have some kind of something already done to them. My brother, gets reports about what happened to Soldiers and writes the awards for them. Example: Purple Hearts for injured. I actually see them, he reads about them....kinda cool. We both get to do a little 'traveling' from time to time. He goes to a different base to pick up award medals, and I do medical support for covoys from time to time. So, luckily, we're not "fobbits" as many people are. I've had the opportunity to go to the Turkey border, and some other places around Iraq. Many of the times when "something" happens, I can't say what it is. I want to. But I can't. I want to express the feelings that are inside, and the emotions, and thoughts that are running around in my head....but I can't. It's not the "kiss and tell" mentality. Somedays it's just hard. It's hard to see lives changed and families changed and not be able to talk about it. I know, I can talk about it to my people here, but I can't vent like I can on here. When I'm here, I turn on my music, (country music normally) and just let my brain loose through the keys of my laptop. Sometimes it really sucks, because I just want to vent and let out the feelings and questions of why, and just general thoughts about life, and express that...that could've been me. But I can't. Somedays the stories aren't that bad....like today this guy...his weapon was dirty....or that's what he said. See that's about all I can say....it's a funny story...at least to us it is. But I can't say anything else due to security reasons. I'll nick-name him Barney Fife. But somedays the stories are just too bad to even want to write out....I'm not sure how many medical people read this blog, but I've had to perform CPR on a few individuals over here.....yep that's about all I can about that...damn it....it's amazing how soft the chest cavity can be when the ribs are broke....I guess that's what i was trying to say. Enough about all that....I don't do what I do for the attention or pat on the back. I do what I do for my country. I do what I do for you. From flyin squirrels to mom, dad, my family, friends, and strangers alike....that's why I'm here. That's why I wear the uniform. I didn't do it for college money, I didn't do it to get out of trouble, I didn't join to stay out of jail, I didn't do it for the fame or glory....I joined the Army to serve my Country. That's it. After 9/11, all I wanted was to do my part. My brothers and sisters were going to war for me. They were fighting for my freedom and safety, and I wanted to do my part. If I can do just one thing that will aid in the safety, security, or freedoms of the United States of America.... yep, that's why I joined the Army. Well, This post is getting kinda long. I'm going to go to bed soon...I've got more secret squirrel stuff to do early in the morning...

I love you all and again feel free to comment on our entries.

Till next time,
SGT Wormy

6000+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if you listen to country music who is your favorite artist?
and yes ....... it is a day of voting and repeat coverage with no access to local news or other info that would be a nice break for those who would like to relax after a days work....actually really nothing being said over and over and over .... all day long.
a days work ...... how did yours go today?
I hope the sun shines down on you today.
:o)

Unknown said...

Godspeed to both you and your brother....


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Anonymous said...

I hope things get better for you. We are having a wonderful Indian summer right now. Keep up the good work and may God protect you and your men.

Aunt N