Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Answers...

Hello again! Well, here i sit just chilling. Waiting and counting the days down to leaving this crazy place! Thank you again for all of your continued support while we have been overseas. Thank you for continuing to visit our blog.

Answers...I'm not too sure where to start this. Well...my mom commented and asked if all of those things and times where I said "if I told you, I'd have to kill you" would ever be finished...will the other half of the story that you never heard ever be told? Well...I guarantee not on here. And, she's probably right. She'll not find out for years to come. I'm not sure if anyone will know the other half of those stories, well, other than those that were here of course. It's kinda hard to explain. The other half of those stories are there....but will I ever want to re-live those days and events...probably not. At least not for a while. They are stories of people's lives that were changed for ever...some, lives that were ended short. It's more than stories though. It almost degrades to relate the series of events as a mere "story". This whole thing reminds me of something I told our replacements the other day. I was showing them around the post and I told them: "I know you all want to work during the day because that's generally when all the "crap" happens. Medics have this weird mentality that they want to see all the blood and gore. Trust me, the less you see...the better off you'll be. I've seen enough. I've seen enough to last a life time. You don't want to see the things I've seen. You don't want to do the things I've done." Just like they don't understand and probably think I'm talking crazy or something...people back home want to hear the other half of the stories. People back home and Soldiers that haven't been here want to hear about the gore and nasty "shit" that happens. Why? Why do you want hear about Soldiers and other people getting shot, blown up, and hurt? Why do you need me to confirm that war sucks. You've seen it on TV. You've seen the wounded Soldier organizations. You've seen where wounded Soldiers need help when they get back to the U.S. Personally, I think folks back home and Soldiers that haven't been here have the some of the same odd mentality that Medics have. You want to see the bad stuff. You want to fill that spot of curiosity in your head. I understand. I do....but please don't ask me to fill that spot of emptyness. Because honestly, just like I told the new guys...you don't want to see it. You don't need to see it. You just don't. I guess it would be different if we were talking about something else... I can't even think of an example. But, we're talking about the highest sacrafice a person could ever make for his/her country. And those, those stories are to be held in high respects with high regard to their families and preserving their sacrafice.

Mom, I completely understand why you want to hear what happened over here. Please don't take this post personal. You're not the only that has asked. But, maybe one day. Maybe one day down the road I'll open up and share. Till then...I'm sorry.

Hopefully I expressed my feelings in this post in the way I was thinking them. If you read back to one of my previous posts, it talks about how I can't stand Soldiers and other people that were over here, didn't do a damn thing, then come home and tell all these crazy stories. I've known a few. The people that keep talking and talking about what happened over here...don't believe it. Personally, I think it's a case of insecurity. They need to tell wild and crazy tales so people will like them and pay attention to them. They stretch the details, exaggerate the events, and blantatly lie about what happened. It pisses me off more than anything. Those that were here and REALLY did something...won't talk about it. Now, from time to time they'll relive a good time they had over here and joke around. But for the most part, they won't volunteer an hour of stories. They won't sit around and try to compete with someone else for the best story. To me, that's the quickest way to get on my nerves. With that being said....these are other reasons why I will not walk around blabbering this and that...to me, it's just wrong.

I'm not upset that people ask what happened over here. That doesn't bother me. It's a way of showing respect in that it shows you care about the person and how they're doing after being here. Thank you. But, don't be disappointed if I respond, "I'd rather not talk about it."

Somewhere in Iraq,

I love you mom!!!
...one day I'll tell you.

sgt wormy

7435

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the response to my comment. No offense was taken at all. I just now know that I will not ask but wait for you to tell me your stories......if you want to. Every time you post it makes me more proud of the two of you. I was excited though to see that my comment processed another thought and post to the blog. I just wonder what I could say that would jog your mind into another post.
We had snow on the ground this morning and it has snowed more today but here in East TN you know that it does not stay more than an hour or two. Things sure were pretty white and the road horrible but it is all gone and working on another covering.

Anonymous said...

Will you continue this blog once you return to the States?

If not, it will be difficult not knowing what becomes of the two of you brothers. You have both become like family to strangers like myself.

God Bless!

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 01/21/2009 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that someone besides "MOM" has requested that this blog continue....I asked in an email and glad to hear it will continue.
If I get the chance to get online ......... I check the blog in hopes of hearing something ....anything from one of the boys.
Thank you for all you are doing, going to do, have done.