Monday, March 1, 2010

On the road again...

Just can't wait to get on the road again...whatever...well, no really wait...I'm having a blast! Oh wait, thank you to all of those that continue to show your support to my brother and I. We really appreciate it. SO where am I now???

On the road again...that's where I am. In the beautiful state of Texas. The state where death row has an express lane. Where everything's bigger...I guess. One thing that is bigger is my hotel room. I've got a sweet/suite place to stay. Like one guy said this morning, I need a taxi to get from the bathroom toilet to the shower. It's cool. Something new. Whatever. So yes. I'm in Texas. The wonderful United States Army has sent me to get educated in the ways of medicine...and I don't mind. It's food for the brain...and hopefully will help me better save someone's life one day. Hopefully. Seriously, I'm looking forward to what this training has to offer. it should be good, really good. If I said anything else...yep, you know...I'd have to kill you. ;-)

So what else is going on in my crazy life??? Well, a LOT. Kinda. It's tough because the things I want to write about, I can't. It's mostly to do with Leslie and how wonderful she is and how much I love her and I how I can't stand being away from her and all the wonderful things coming up in our lives. I will say I was just on the phone with her, and she said the sweetest thing to me. "I miss us praying together." See, about a week ago I started praying with her before we go to sleep at night. With all that's going on in our lives, and this and that...I just felt the desire to pray with her before bed. So we did. And tonight, we did too. It was great. I love being with Leslie, I love holding her, I love talking about the future, and I love this and that, this and that, and I love praying with her. It's something I've never done before and I love it! This woman is my everything. And soon, I'll be able to share all things that are going on in our lives. If you could say a prayer for us, it would be much appreciated. You see, there are a few uncertainties (sp) in our lives right now with the possibility of my going to Afghanistan or back to Iraq. It's tough living in the "I don't know stage". It's hard to plan things when a phone call tomorrow could change all of those plans. And on the same note, if I never get that phone call, it will affect a lot of things between now and then just the same. We're in a time of unknown. Our daily prayers are for God's will to be shown to us so together we can make the decisions he will bless. God's perfect timing and perfect will will be revealed in time...we just pray that we'll be able to see his will when he shows us.

My bro is going through a little bit of a crappy situation. Sorry bro. I think the next woman in your life will be better than the previous two. Well, I say that because I'm not sure how you can possibly get any worse. WOW! Love you bro! :-) Ahh, I just thought of something..but I won't put it on here. Well, whatever. Anyway...it sucks that you're being kicked in the shin right now...but that's about all it really is. A little annoying pain that will go away as quick as it came.

NEXT subject please! Ok, so here pretty soon i'll be able to write about what I'm so excited about. Till then...sorry. Keep checking back to see what's up.

OH yeah!! BTW I'm selling my motorcycle. Yep, selling my baby. My 2005 Ninja 636 is officially up for sale. It's listed on ebay. The item #320495087982 is where you'll find the listing. I love this bike. I really do. But like Leslie said about two weeks ago, "you're almost 30, you don't really need a sport bike" and yeah, I agreed. But don't get it twisted. I'm not selling my baby for her. She's actually asked me several times if I was sure i wanted to sell it. And I am. She's right. I'm getting too old for that thing. Plus everytime I ride it...I just wanna see how far I can ride a wheelie on it. Keeping that thing on two wheels is a challenge for me. Every straight stretch of road is an opportunity for me to "have fun". Plus I have the Honda. And the more I ride the Honda, the more I like it. And she likes is too. I took her on her first bike ride Christmas Day. And she liked it. It's a phase of my life. That bike stood for a lot of crazy times. The Lord watched over me more times than I can count while i was on that thing. From the Autobans in Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, and Italy, to the back roads of east TN...me and that bike have shared a lot of great memories. But, it's time to let go. I hope I sell it to someone that will have as much fun with it as I did....well maybe a little less but I hope to sell it none the less.

Well, it's time to go to bed. Another day gone. Another day passed. Something just came to mind. Friday morning before meeting up with Leslie, I met with my Bible study group. Two other guys that I absolutely love to spend time with studying what the God has written for you and me. Jon, our leader, always has the best verse. God has a way of laying on him what we need to know, hear, and study each time we met. This time, it was
Jeremiah 29 - 11-13 ("For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.")

What amazing words of encouragement as Leslie and I have so many questions about our future and what we are to do next. Trust God. Trust Him with everything you have and He will bless you.

That's all for now....way past my bed time. Thank you all again for your support.

Out here,
SGT Wormy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOW!!!!
:O)