Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Well, hello!! I know it’s been a while, but I was home on R&R and I must say that I hardly even checked my email while I was home. BUT, what a nice surprise I got when I got back over here to the wonderful Iraq…I had about 10 boxes of “stuff” waiting on me!! THANK YOU!! Thank you to all of those that sent me care packages!! THANK YOU!!

Well, like I said, I was home on R&R, for those of you who don’t know what that is…in the easiest way, I was home on a two week vacation from Iraq to spend time with my family and friends. I must say that I had a WONDERFUL time!! Thanks to a few great friends and one in particular..flyin squirrel! I don’t want to get into too many details just yet about that one though…it just wouldn’t be right. But, I know they know who I’m talking about. WOW! I’m going to have to make another entry to just get some things off my chest that I don’t want to in this one… I’ll keep this post for just general info and blah blah blah.

I had the opportunity to get to spend some wonderful time with my family and friends. I did a pretty good job of surprising everyone that I was coming home. My brother picked me up from the airport to my surprise…he had to find out because my brother-in-law couldn’t pick me up from the airport so he did. And he brought his own surprise with him…my motorcycle! I got to ride a motorcycle home from the airport!! That was great!! Thanks bro! My R&R was full of surprises…some of which I can’t mention due to being sworn to secrecy…but that’s ok. It will all come out in due time. I owe a big THANK YOU to Johnny, Josh, Blake, and many other friends for making my trip home a very memorable one! We had some pretty great times together. My parents were wonderful, my brother was awesome and basically we had a GREAT time together!! There’s nothing like sitting around the table for dinner with family and friends. Speaking of sitting around for dinner…John broke his foot while setting the dining room table at my house. He fell off the landing that my table sits on. But thank goodness he didn’t fall off the high side, he only fell off the low side…but he still managed to break his foot. Clumsy! We had the chance to be a part of a motorcycle ride, go to a Friday night football game at our old high school, and just hang out. Of course, there are always people that you would want to hang out with more, and yes, that happened too. But with only two weeks to hang out with everyone…there just wasn’t enough time. BUT the good thing is, I’ll be home in a few months and I’ll have plenty of time to catch up with the people I didn’t get to this time.

But, for now, I’m back in good ol’ Iraq. It’s thundering and lighting outside right now. I just got off the phone with my parents and a couple friends to let them know I made it back safe and sound. I’m hoping that the jet lag doesn’t kick my butt too too bad the next couple days. I should be ok by tomorrow hopefully…hopefully. It was really nice to get back and have a stack of boxes to go through!! WOW! I got enough junk food to last a WHILE! THANK YOU!!!

Well I think I’m going to go for now…I may write the other post now, or I may wait until my thoughts are better put together….well…I’ll probably just do it now so I can sleep better…It’s almost like having a secret and you’re now allowed to tell anyone…but you want to SO SO bad! So I’ll think of a way to dance around the truth and maybe I’ll feel better….

Till next time

Somewhere in Iraq…again,



MOM said...

I was great to have Jeremy home and he is right about not having a lot of time to spend with everyone. I know he had a good time and when it is time to come home again ....... it will be good to have you home.
I definitely like flyin squirrel and this person is a lot of fun for you.
See you soon

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 10/23/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.