Friday, August 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!

Well, it's been a few days since I've been able to get on here...it seems like I had a few people worried...sorry guys. Thank you for everything that's been done for my brother and I! We can't thank you enough for the support and kindness everyone is showing!!

Well...I didn't get a chance to say this yesterday...shame on me, but I'm sorry dad, SO here it is now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I did however do what I was gonna do for his birthday! AND like John, it's not ready yet so the gifts will be there shortly dad. 52...when I read that I was like "52!! WHAT, REALLY!" Honestly dad, I knew you were getting up there, but damn...you're getting up there! :-) Just kidding...LOVE YOU!! :-)

Yeah....like John said, the memories of Daddy and all the time growing up...all the things he did for us...the sacrafices, the good times and the bad...WOW! I couldn't ask for a better person to be my Daddy!! Thank you Dad! I remember when I cut you...ooppps! But you were trying to put tape in my hair...and I totally forgot that I had a box cutter in my hand was trying to swat at your hands and ended up cutting you. 9 stitches later...I think it was 9..... Ahhh good times. Yeah, and all the baseball we used to play in the front yard...that was so much fun! I don't think there is anything my Daddy can't do. He's my hero!! When I'm home I do my very best to learn and watch and help him with everything possible. You know...just the other day some guys were pouring some concrete...it was a ramp...4X7 feet....but the way they were trying to smooth it out just didn't make any sense...SO remembering what I've seen dad do, I got a 2x6 and put it all the way across the ramp, did a little sawing motion, pulled down, and it leveled out the ramp bringing any extra down the ramp to where it was needed. Basically a trick dad showed us. And I was standing there thinking about what dad had done and so I explained to those guys that I didn't know much about pouring concrete but one way to level it out was like this.....and it worked. And after I left they kept doing it.... I miss my daddy! I miss him a lot. And I miss mom too. It's hard sometimes. But, you just have to keep driving on. I just have to remember that they know why I'm here. And they understand why I'm here. Well...I could go on and on about all the wonderful memories with Dad and all the great things about him...kinda like how John goes on and on about..what's her name...oh yeah, Freedom. Just kidding! Seriously, like he talks and talks about her, I do that about my Daddy. My 52 year old Daddy! Happy Birthday Dad! I hope it was a good one and I'm sorry I'm a day late....hopefully we'll have plenty plenty more Birthdays to share together! I look forward to each day between now and then! Everyday is good day with Dad like mine! I LOVE YOU DADDY!!

Well, I don't have much more to report from this side of the 'war on terror'. We had an explosion yesterday that could have woke a sleeping bear...well, maybe that's a little much...we've had bigger..much bigger. Well, I guess that's about all that I can say for now...not too much has happened in the last 5-6 days...and remember, even if it did I couldn't tell you! :-)

I LOVE YOU DAD! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Somewhere in Iraq
SGT Jeremy Strader

4475

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes ....... just sometimes...I wish you boys were little again so we could make more memories like the ones you mention. But I would like to tell something on you Jeremy seeing that you tell so many cute things about others ..........
Remember the time you were very small and we were in a restraunt in Holly Ridge, NC and as clear as day ....... out of the blue ....... you said, "I farted ... and it stinks!" The whole place hear you. Your Grandma and Grandpa Schramm and I laughed until we cried and your dad did not think it was funny. Then a couple months later you Grandma and Grandpa went again to the same restraunt with Nick and John and John went to the restroom, washed his hair, and came out with his underwear on his head and was complaining that there was not a towel in the restroom. I do not think that your Grandma and Grandpa went back in that place when the visited from Ohio and went to see John and Nick. Oh the memories ......... aren't they fun!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, I WOULD NOT HAVE 2 BETTER SONS THAT I HAVE NOW. I APPRECIATE THE COMMENTS. SOMETIMES YOU TWO REMEMBER MORE THAN I DO, "CALLED OLD AGE". I AM PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU AND LOVE YOU BOTH. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OVER THERE AND COME HOME SOON. LOVE YOU BOTH, DAD