Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HELLO....

Hello all...I want to thank everyone for their continued support of what my brother and I are doing! THANK YOU!! I can't say enough how much we appreciate everything.

I'm sorry that it's been a while since I've posted anything on here...I'm sorry. It just seems that lately I've been so bored and I've got nothing interesting to write on here. And sometimes the things I really want to write...I can't. Either they're too personal, or the Army will get really really mad at me. And I don't want that! Not much has been going on...it's been rather quiet around here. Which like I've said again, when I'm bored and I say it's quiet...it's a good thing. I can't explain how I feel about my job over here....I was talking to a flight medic the other day that agrees that my job is absolutely rediculous. Now, I know, I know..."I have an important job"....yeah, I keep telling myself that. Blah blah blah....I'm not sure why but I keep saying the same stuff over and over...Two posts ago I talked about not liking my job so I won't do it again now.

The pool...AHHHH the pool!! If you're not up on the situation, I ordered a 10ft (circle) X 30 inches deep swimming pool to put out back of our office. The idea was to put it in so we would have somewhere to relax and just chill out after a long day....I ordered the pool, waited...and waited...and it finally got here! Only to find out I bought the wrong one. I needed a pump to filter the water and I didn't buy a package deal. SO I had to go back online, buy the pump, filter, chlorine dispenser, chlorine test strips, and....tarps to cover the pool. WELL, everything FINALLY got here with A LOT of help from my mom and dad. They had to get everything together and box it up and blah blah blah....SO it finally got here about a week to two weeks ago!! I went to put it in and someone said..."did you ask for permission?" Well...I thought I did...but evidently I didn't. SO, then I had to draft a plan on how I was going to maintain the cleanliness of the pool area, the water chemicals, the people using it, the safety measures needed, the electrical situation to run the pump, and about 10 other things.... I did that. Turned it in to the Company that is in charge of the area we are in. Almost a week later, I get a call on the radio to come to the area where I was going to put it. OK, I walk up and here are about 6 different high ranking Soldiers discussing the situation. They decide that where I wanted to put it isn't good enough and they want it around the other corner of the building and this needs to be done, that needs to be done, and blah blah blah.... WOW!!! All that for a stinkin kiddie pool!?!?! Well, problem solved....Mom, I'm sorry....I know you worked really hard and had a lot of patience while I was consistently asking for the pool items...BUT I'll be mailing the pool and everything else back home pretty soon. The individuals that live around here will destroy either the pool or the priviledge to use it within days. I paid about $200 for everything...I'm not about to just set the pool up and 4 days later it me destroyed or I'm getting my butt chewed for someone else acting a fool. SO, either I'll put it at my house, or mom and dad can have it for Courtney. THEN the fact that it's almost September and it's going to get cool soon...so it will probably stay in the box and I'll enjoy crown and coke's in it next summer. So that's that.

Ok, next.....will someone PLEASE call Hillary Clinton and tell her, "you lost go home!!!" We are really tired of seeing her on tv over here. It's like a neighbor's cat that sits at your back door and begs for food and attention everyday...annoying! GO AWAY!! Ok, enough about that already. We all really are sick of all the election crap. On the other hand, the Olympics were GREAT! I've never had the time to watch the summer Olympics and I'll say that we got pretty interested in the whole thing....we really think the Chinese cheated in gymnastics...but that's just us. TV is about back to normal. Today we had UFC come on again. We love the UFC! We look forward to all UFC events. That's one morning I don't mind getting up at 0400 just to watch TV! The next event is 6 Sept.

Roommate...I have a new roommate! If you don't know, I bunk with a Navy guy. Well, his time has come and he's on his way to the states pretty soon. So, he moved out and the 'new guy' moved in. He's also Navy. I must say, that I have a new respect for Navy guys. They both are pretty cool...but who's to say that's got anything to do with being in the Navy?? They both haven't surprised me with any "Soldiering Skills"....they're Navy, what can you expect. Overall, they're pretty cool.

Well, not much else to write about...I guess somepeople like to just hear anything just to know we're still kicking and doing ok....I'll try to keep that in mind. I just like to put something interesting on here instead of blah blah blah blah....I hope you understand. OH, John is counting the days until he goes home for R&R. I'm excited for him. FREEDOM is excited too I'm sure. AND I'm excited for the both of them! My R&R is still looking like November...hunting season!! YEAH!! The only tricky thing with that is, I may or may not make it home for the actual season. Who knows when I'll get home..... ALL I do know is that when I come back from R&R I'll only have like 2 months -ish until I get to come back home for GOOD!! I'm excited about that. I'm telling you, we've been here about 5 months now...and it doesn't seem like that long at all. Time is flying by. I've got some cool dates that are coming up and they are springing up QUICK! It seems like yesterday my old roommate and I were talking about him having 4 months left.... now he's getting ready to leave. HM2, if you ever read this...you're awsome! Thanks for everything and I'd have no problem at all sharing a room with you again! Take care and I wish you and your family lots of love! Ok, ok...so I'm excited for my bro and his girl getting to spend some time together and all that hoohaaa mushy crap :-) Well, FREEDOM, you better not move away before I get to see you and hang out...we have a few things to talk about. Like...how great I think you are, and how excited I am that you and my brother have found happiness! Well, that's about it for now.

Lots of love, and I'll try not to wait so long before I post next...

Somewhere in Iraq
SGT Wormy

4975

No comments: