Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tobi Keith/Exercise/"Black" Ops






















Was not sure where to start this blog. There has been a lot that has been going on. I guess I will start with Tobi Keith. We have known for a long time that he was coming, and he finally did. On Tues night he did an unscheduled concert here on BAF. He was unable to make it to two other FOBs due to weather, so we got to benefit from it.

They made all the white hicks/hillbillies/rednecks work the concert. Working the concert consisted of waiting for VIPs (Generals and Colonels) to show up so that we show them where to sit in reserve seating, and guess what, they did not come. That meant that the guys that I work with got the front row. We had a blast.

Last night Tobi came up to our office, as do all visitors, to sign autographs, take pictures and sign the wall. I am not sure if I told you before, but the wall in the office full of autographs of people that have came and visited Afghanistan. As you can see, I got my picture taken, although not a big fan like others were.

Now I bet you are wondering why people are all dressed in black. We were all trying to be like SGT Howard (aka Token). Just kidding. Earlier in the night we were having cigar night, as you can see by the picture, and SPC Stephens decided to come up and ankle SSG Cundiff. She ran off laughing and we swore revenge. We dressed in all black, some idiots painted their face, and went hunting for her. As you can see, PFC McCollough could not decide what to wear. He was worse than a damn girl.

We hunted for hours for her and never found her. We hid in bunkers waiting on her to come by, we walked around, did everything we could think of and never found her. Come to find out the next morning, she was hiding in her room and had some one lock her door from the outside so it looked like no one was there. We had forgotten about it until today when she stuck her finger in my egg salad while I was eating lunch and decided to get her after all.































After we gave up on finding her, we decided to get innocent SGT Bahena instead. We snuck into his B hut and knocked on his door. When he opened it, we attacked. With a laundry bag over his head we tied his legs and hands together and had a great laugh.















Most of us have decided that it is time to get serious about loosing weight and looking good for wives/girlfriends/ex-wives and whoever. We have started going to the gym each day during our lunch time and working out really hard eventhough we are still doing PT in the mornings. I can feel a big improvement in myself. Running is getting a lot easier and I am running a lot faster for longer distances. We have been running longer distances each time. We are working up to running the 8 mile loop around base. They have been trying to get to run all this week, but I am not ready. Hopefully, by the time that I come home, no one will recognize me from all the weight loss. I have about 25 more pounds to go to get to where I want to be.

Work is getting a lot easier too. I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. It has about gotten to the point where my boss does not even have to answer question and lets me handle the section on my own. I have gotten my soldiers trained up and they are doing better each day. I am really proud of them.

I get to talk to Jeremy a lot too. It is a local phone call for us to call each other and we do almost daily. He called and asked for shaving cream and the next I had a box in the mail to him. I can't believe that there was not one can of shaving cream here or there. I got mad ordered us some off the internet, so he is good and will not need any for a long time. He seems to being good and I will never say enough how proud of him I am. We have had our problems as brothers, but I am glad he is here. I could not ask for a better brother. Oh and the bastard will get to see Tobi Keith too and work on the medical detail assigned to him in Iraq. Not sure when that will be, but I am sure it is soon.

We have been getting boxes from groups and churches and you should see the faces of the people in the office when we get one. We read all the letters and write letters in return. It is great knowing that we have so much support out there.

Speaking of support, our parents are the best. They have sent us some things that have really been great. I know that for me, having "paint" and foam insulating tape will really help. I was so excited to see that stuff in the box. I am going to work on that today while I have a little time off of work. Mom and Dad have done so much for us that there is no way that we will ever be able to thank them enough. Mom has jumped through hoops to help me with Courtney's birthday present, finding Orange Mint Lifesavers and getting some slim jims over here. You have no idea how many people come in the office looking for slim jims. The guys in the office usually take most of them and hide them for themselves. I am not a big fan, but they are. You would think it was crack or something. Oh, and mom sent me some Kool-Aid single use thingys, and people are trying to kill me to get them. I have to keep them hidden as well. I almost forgot/did not want to admit, that the last box that mom sent us, I was supposed to send some things on the Jeremy, which I sort of did. (that sentence was long and messed up) Anyway, I was supposed to send the peanut M&Ms to Jeremy and I was so excited when I saw them that I put them in my desk. They have been in my desk for a few days and this morning opened them and shard some. Some one noticed the sticky note and asked who Jeremy was I realized that they were for him. I almost felt a little bad, but I will get him some to replace them. Actually, I might just order him some right now. Nah, he will be OK.

I was trying to say that you all need to pat my mom and dad on the back. They are doing so much for us. I love them and miss them and one day I will be able to pay them back for all that they have done in such a little time. They have set the standard and we will see if they keep it up.

To everyone else, thank you for the prayers and keep them coming.

AIR ASSAULT!!!!

No comments: