Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whats the Title?


Here I sit yet another day in this wonderful country of Afghanistan. I got to sleep in and still got up at 0830. Why did I get up so early? Thats right, Freedom called. Ah, Freedom. Never thought that one could fall in love in so fast and so hard. Want to know what is stressing me out right now? Which ring do I buy? That is the million dollar question this week. I can buy one that is a little cheaper, or I can buy one that is a little more expensive and get exactly what I want to get. Or I can wait until I get home and buy one from the store. That is my stressor right now. Weird how some little things can turn into bug things when you are stuck far away.

The daily life has not changed much around here. I am still working decent hours. The work is load is up and down. The heat continues to climb higher and higher. At least they finally got our air conditioner working pretty good. Right now, 0900, it is 71 inside and 103 outside in the sun. Good stuff.

Today is the half day, which is perfect timing. Mom sent me a Bee from B97.5 and I am supposed to take a picture with it and get it in the mail today. That is going to work out because I need to send Jeremy and Freedom a few things in the mail. I am still a little sleepy so my thoughts are here and there and all over the place.

I am still working hard on my classes. I am still doing good. I signed up for another class that starts in a few weeks when one of the current ones ends. It is what I have found to keep me busy and not sit around bored watching movies all the time. There is only so much that you can do without going crazy.

Some really good news: 64 days and I get on a plane to head home for a few weeks. I am counting it down each day. It is going to be a special time. I promise that it will not be forgotten anytime soon. I will make sure that Freedom never forgets it. To be so head over heels and crazy in love is the best feeling in the world. I look forward to the phone ringing every night and hearing her call, even if it is just for a few minutes. The wonderful feeling that I get, the comfort it brings, and the smiles. It cannot be beat. Freedom knows when I get home that we will be getting engaged and we both cannot wait. We have already started talks about the wedding. We are trying to figure when and how we are going to do it. That should tell you how crazy we are right now.

Another amazing thing about Freedom is that I started talking to her the other day about me reenlisting in the army. I asked her opinion on where I should get stationed and her answer were the perfect answers. I asked her if she read a book about the perfect army wife answers because she was saying exactly what I wanted to hear. She said she was only telling the truth. It looks like I am going to reenlist to stay at Fort Campbell, KY. Freedom gave that golden answer: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. She was referring to fact that I will be deploying if I stay at Fort Campbell. We talked about it for quite some time and a few different times and she says she handle it and will support me every step of the way as long as we are together. I could not have asked for a more perfect answer. And some wonder how I fell in love so fast. It was too easy. I pray that it stays this way for a long long time!!

I can sit and talk about how perfect Freedom is, but I need to move on so I can take that picture for mom. I want to thank EVERYONE for the letters and the boxes that I am receiving over here. My brother and I cannot thank you enough. You have helped a lot of soldiers here. Not just us. I have gotten many letters in that mail thanking us. A lot of them have come across this website or WWW.ANYSOLDIER.COM and sent items to us. I get a lot of letters and emails thanking us for this site and how it is helping to giv e them a better idea of what to expect over here. I am glad that we helping someone. It really makes me good knowing that someone is benefiting from this. I have explained to a lot of people that this started as a way to communicate with friends and family while we gone and it started getting passed around. The more I hear of people reading this, the more excited I get. It is too hard to send out so many thank yous, but know that we are more thankful than you know. God bless everyone of you that is supporting us, no matter how you are doing it.

I guess I can share a little more on the exwife and the situation where I am trying to see Courtney more. I called my attorney yesterday to find out if they had heard from Christina's attorney and they have heard nothing. They only have 30 days from when they were served to reply or go to court. I would not mind it going to court, because in the end it might actually save me money. I ask that all you pray that I get more time with my daughter. I am worried that if this is not resolved by Oct that she is not going to let me see Courtney at all. I try not to think about it, but it is true. At least I get to talk to Courtney a little. Usually whoever she is with has her so occupied that she is too busy to talk to me. At least she knows I am calling to talk to her and that I miss her.

I need to get going and get ready for work. I do not want to, but I have to. I was hoping that Freedom would call back while I was typing all this just long enough for me to tell her I love her and miss her and there is nothing I will not do for her. She knows that includes helping her get back on her feet. I could sit here all day and talk about her and how much I miss her, but you do not want to listen to all that.

I had a list of all the things I wanted to talk about on this post, but I am too lazy to get it. Oh well.

I did go to Kabul again and took a few pictures I have posted here. I hope you enjoy them. Also, one day soon I will put up a post about the post here and little more details about life on BAF. You might need to remind me, but I will do it eventually.

The pictures: you can see how small the hallway is in my B hut. My just giving a look. Getting ready to head out to Kabul again. Meeting SEVENDUST. I was VERY excited about that one. An Afghanistan sunset behind my b hut.

Thank you again everyone!! Jeremy, stay away from Freedom, she is mine. You chose the wrong one that night. Get over it. Actually if it was not for you, I would not have met her. We actually talked about that yesterday. I love you bro and we will have that cold beer soon enough. First one is on me!!! Not Johnny or anyone else.

Thanks again and God bless you all for the love and support you provide.

Freedom I love you and cannot wait to see you and hold you again.

Courtney, you are my everything and daddy is fighting to see you every moment he can when he is home!! You stay a perfect little angel and daddy will be home soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY......I HAVE NO WORDS AND I DONT KNOW WERE TO START!!! MAN CAN NOT MAKE WORDS TO HOW YOU MAKE ME FILL INSIDE/OUT. ONLY YOU AND GOD COULD EVER KNOW THE LOVE I HAVE FOR YOU.

Anonymous said...

Hmm ..... sounds like life is good for someone (or two).
I might beat you to that first beer and get to buy the first for the both of you and join you at that .... what a surprise ???? Matter of fact ..... (swallowing) I am having one now. Sorry you cannot join me now.
I wish Freedom and John the best of love and life forever. Sounds like it will be good.
If I can help with the problem of your life let me know.
:o)