Thursday, May 8, 2008

8 miles X 7 days = PAIN

Not exactly the title that I was thinking about all week, but it will work. My First Sergeant decided that he was going to challenge the whole company into running the eight mile loop around base for seven days in a row. I am going to be the third person in my section to complete this. There was one other one that tried, but she stopped after four days because the pain was too great. At 225 lbs, I am not coasting through this. I just came in from completing day six. My ankle looks like a grapefruit, my knee feels like I pissed the mob off, and I feel like some drained every once of energy out of me. Tomorrow is the last day and I plan making it if I have to crawl. I did not come this far to give up.

After I am done, I plan continuing to run it at least 3 time a week. This is my escape and time to think and clear my head. Jeremy has his quiet time, well this is the only quiet time that I get. It is an hour and and half of solitude. Yes it takes close to an hour and a half to run 8 miles.

I tried to talk to Mom yesterday but the internet was messing up pretty bad so I was not able to talk. It is not much better this morning, but it is good enough to get this up.

I am sorry that I have not updated this for over a week, but I have been really busy and tired. All this running has really taken its toll on me. I promise that I will start doing better.

I am not really full of inspirational talk or anything like Jeremy, but maybe one day I will have something to say to make you think. I will provide you with picture and he will provide the stories and inspiration.

Well, I need to go get ready for work while you all are getting ready for bed. I hope that everyone is doing well.

I miss you all and can't wait to get back to East Tennessee.

No comments: