Saturday, May 31, 2008

New experiences.....American Healthcare

Well, I'm writing for two reasons....one to break the record of posts in one month...14 YEAH! I'm not sure why that is so amusing to me but it is. I've tried to do for the last two months but for some reason, I haven't gotten around to it. It's probably the same reason why I haven't done a few things that have been on my list for quiet some time now..... Hopefully....HOPEFULLY this time next month, I will be SSG Wormy and not SGT Wormy!! I put in my promotion packet today. It will get forwarded up on Monday and it will probably take until the end of the month for a decision to come back. Some guys in my unit don't want to see me advance (I've been looking for that word all day....blonde moment) but even though they don't like the idea, I'm pretty sure it won't matter. The people that do matter, the 1SG and the Commander stand behind me a 100%. At least that's what they say. And believe it. And for those who don't support it....OH WELL! I feel like I finally deserve it so we'll see what happens.

Dad has me worried....he's doing a little traveling this weekend. Be safe Daddy! Come back in one piece! He's just going to Ohio, but the weather is bad up there...... Love you Daddy!

One thing about being away from home is seeing all the garbage on the news knowing that people I care about are suffering through these trying times. Just like when I was in Germany....it was AMAZING to think "wow, I live in that country" but not being in the country and seeing things from a different angle....WOW! It's a whole new view from the outside looking in!! Gas prices suck! The different views: DO SOMETHING!! / Don't do anything - it's good for the environment that everyone drives less. Yeah ok, good for the environment but not good for the economy. Pigeon Forge will suffer....Sevier County will suffer. And that means that most everyone I love and care about will be having really hard times. And that's not good. The Presidential race....WOW what a damn dog show! Maybe it's because there's not really been this much interest in the race in previous years that I remember...but I have NEVER seen such a childish, ridiculous, "oohh he said - she said", waste of good news coverage, (sorry) dumbass crap like this before. STUPID! I was wondering why CNN was covering the crane crash so heavily the other day.... THE NEWS IS SLOW! Not much is going on. The only better thing they have to cover is what priest or pastor said what in the Sunday sermon or who is apologizing to who for something they said..... It's so annoying! My point again....when you're on the outside looking in, you can't help but understand why other countries look at us and laugh. "stupid Americans" Yeah, pretty much!



Ok, SO.....New Experiences and the American Healthcare. Take three seconds a guess what I'm about to say.....one.....two.....three..... NOW, I can't tell what I did today....or what happened. If I did, I'd have to kill you. Just kidding....well, I still can't tell you. BUT what I can tell you is this: hmmmm lost my thought.....keeping it enteresting I guess. I'm working on my "suspense" style writing..... whatever. Today was pretty interesting....It aggravates me as I lay here thinking about how the news covers lawsuits for "sub-standard healthcare". When I get home, I'll paint you a mental picture of sub-standard healthcare. I will start with the unexplainable look of concern and sorrow on a father's face, a look of encouragement and hope from his big brother looking on, the look of hopelessness of an old man suffering injuries he didn't ask for, and the look of "please help me" from another......one more....the unspoken "thank you" from the eyes of another...... and when I'm done there I'll try to describe the hospital care they received. Reflecting on today I see so many faces....so many different faces....each with their own objective in mind....each with thier own "job" to do in the situation.....some with political objectives, some with medical tasks, some with security, and some just seemed to be there.....Today's events were a first....but I'm sure they won't be the last like it. It was amazing to see the different cultures working together....and a the same time the aggravation at some of the "jobs" being done. It's amazing how one person's hurt can put such a smile on some else's face. I understand the happiness created by people working together for the better of some....but sometimes it goes too far......

Today was a day I may or may not forget....Today's events could easily be erased by the horrors of tomorrow......the Good Lord only knows what we will encounter next......only time will tell.....

It's amazing how Americans take so SO much for granted. I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud and oh so ever thankful that I was born in the land of the free! I'm glad that if my family or I get sick that I have people there to take care of me. SO many things we take for granted. Maybe, just maybe the next time you visit your doc, you'll go a little easier on the staff and tell them thank you. Tell them thank you for being willing to take care of your needs....because not everyone, everywhere would be so willing to do so.


I want to take a moment and thank everyone for the support and encouragement you give to my brother and me!!! There has been almost 100 hits in the last 5 days to this website!! THANK YOU!!! We greatly appreciate your interest and support! Comments and emails are always welcome. Feedback is fuel for the mind.

AGAIN THANK YOU!!!


Somewhere in Iraq
SGT Wormy

1641

1 comment:

hannah said...

Hey guys just wanted to say that I am praying for you both and that I am soooo proud of you! I am thankful that someone I know cares enough about my freedom to go out there make sacrifices with your familys so I can enjoy the time with mine! This is something that I don't take lightly! I can only imagine the heartache that surrounds you at times and the loneliness as well.. Thank you , Thank You , Thank you. Please continue to stay strong and know that the people you love understand that you cannot be there right now but they are not far from your heart and mind. Be encouraged that you are doing what you feel the lord has lead you to do and he rewards that in ways that are mysterious. May he grant you peace and joy throughout these months.

Hannah